Monday, June 16, 2008

Disability Forum & An Autistic Video Project

I wanted to fill y'all in on two major happenings in the autistic/disability communities:

* The Autistic Self Advocacy Network is a joint sponsor along with the Autism Acceptance Project of the National Forum on Disability Issues to be held Saturday, July 26, 2008 at the Conference & Technology Center of The First Church of God in Columbus, Ohio. Both major party presidential candidates (Barack Obama and John McCain) have been invited to attend the National Forum on Disability Issues. Click here to read more about the Forum.

* Autreach in the United Kingdom and The Autistic Self Advocacy Network in the U.S. and Australia are jointly organizing a new video project about autistic perspectives. The project is seeking two-minute video submissions from autistic people around the world that reflect how well autistic people can do in life when given support, encouragement, and understanding. Click here to read more about the project (PDF)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting info there, Scott. How cool! I'm going to try and see If I can make it to the forum (already asked my boss, but she's on vacation right now so response might take a couple days.).

That video project is mighty nice. That's prolly one of my favorite parts of my job, working next to parents and showing them that it isn't all doom and gloom for their kids, that this isn't something that has to stop them from doing something worthwhile.

And I'm rambling.

Unknown said...

Interesting article. Links provided by you are very helpful for me. Check out orthopedic doctors in nyc are The best doctors to my knowledge.